Daily Current Affairs August 29, 2022
National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority celebrated its Silver Jubilee
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority celebrated its Silver Jubilee in Delhi.
- On this occasion Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya has launched Integrated Pharmaceutical Database Management System 2.0.
- It is an integrated responsive cloud-based application which is developed by NPPA with technical support form Centre for Advance Computing (C- DAC).
- It will also enable paperless functioning of NPPA and facilitate the stakeholders to connect with National Pharma Pricing Regulator from across the country.
- It will provide single window for submissions of various forms as mandated under Drug Price Control.
- On this same occasion Pharma Sahi 2.0 App with updated features is also launched.
- The app has features like Speech recognition, search medicines brand.
- A publication chronicling the 25 years journey of NPPA is also launched.
M.K.Stalin initiated the skill development program under Nan Muthalvan scheme
- On august 29 2022 Chief Minister M.K.Stalin has initiated the skill development program under Nan Muthalvan Scheme.
- K.Stalin has launched the Nan Muthalvan scheme in 1.3 2022 to initiate skill development for school students, college student, and for youth.
- After that M.K.Stalin has initiated the skill development program and has launched website of Nan Muthalvan.
- This website will be useful to train, educate and guide the School students, college student, and for youth.
- Free skill trainings, low cost skill trainings and skill trainings with curriculum and technical courses linked to the curriculum, coaching for competitive exams, English, Japanese, German language skills training, personality training, and entrance exam training for higher education to develop skills for the youth of Tamil Nadu. All this has been facilitated through the ‘Naan Muthalvan’ website.
Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan is appointed as the whole time member of Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Gopalakrishnan has became the fourth whole time member of the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- He will be holding the office for three years from the date he assumes charge of the post.
- Gopalakrishnan is a senior india analyst at the Observatory Group.
- He is interest director for the NES iFSC Gift City in Gujarat and for the national securities clearing Corporation.
- Currently he is an independent director on the boards of SBI.
- SEBI Founded in12 April 1992
- SEBI Headquarters is located in Mumbai
- SEBI Chairperson is Madhabi Puri Buch
Ashwini Vaishnaw introduced Data Protection Bill in Budget Session of Parliament
- In an interview to a newspaper Ashwini Vaishnaw has said that the revised Data Protection Bill will be released soon.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw now suggested to implement the country’s data protection framework should be tune with the modern times.
- The principles of data protection and privacy are now has established in all over the world and the government is also practicing those principles.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw has explained that the policy vision for the entire digital economy has four different pieces
- The new telecom Bill which is at an advanced stage of drafting.
- The data protection Bill and a comprehensive digital India Act that would replace the existing IT Act
- It is cybersecurity framework.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw said, the focus now is to make sure that the implementation of the law and principles is in tune with modern times.
Awarded NABL certificate for Primary Health Center
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) provides accreditation to Conformity Assessment Bodies (Laboratories) in India.
- ABL Schemes include Accreditation (Recognition) of Technical competence of testing, calibration, medical testing laboratories, Proficiency testing providers (PTP) & Reference Material Producers (RMP) for a specific scope following ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 15189, ISO/IEC 17043 & ISO 17034:2016
- NABL is a constituent board of Quality Council of India which is an autonomous body setup under Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India
- Tirupur, Tirupathur, Ramanathapuram, Thoothukudi, Additional Primary Health Center in Kanyakumari 5 district awarded NABL certificate.
- It is the first time to provide NABL certificate for Primary Health Center.
NITI Aayog declared Haridwar as the best aspirational district in India
- The letter by NITI Aayog’s Aspirational Districts Programme director Rakesh Ranjan to Uttarakhand chief secretary SS Sandhu and the district collector of Haridwar underlines that the district has secured first rank in basic infrastructure theme and has become entitled to receive additional allocation of ₹3 crore.
- The Aspirational District programme launched by NITI Aayog, It evaluates the performance of the district on the basis of five key parameter,
- Health and Nutrition
- Agriculture and water resource
- Financial Inclusion and skill development
- According to these five parameters the NITI Aayog has declared the holy city of Haridwar in Uttarakhand as the best aspirational district.
- Haridwar is an ancient city and important Hindu pilgrimage site in North India’s Uttarakhand state, where the River Ganges exits the Himalayan foothills.
Munjpara Mahendrabhai has unveiled the book “Science Behind Surya Namaskar”
- Minister of State for Ayush Dr.Munjpara Mahendrebhai released a book “Science Behind Suryanamskar”.
- The book is collection of evidence based research on yoga asanas.
- Director, AIIA Prof. Tanuja Manoj Nesari, Deans of the Institute and faculty members also present on this occasion.
- The book “Science Behind Suryanamskar” has been compiled by the AIIA’s Department of Swasthavritta and Yoga.
- The minister also inaugurated the new Panchakarma Room in the Hospital block and flagged off an e-rickshaw and a public ambulance for AIIA.
- The All India Institute of Ayurveda is a public Ayurveda medicine and research institution located in New Delhi, India.
Adille Sumariwalla takes over as Interim President of Indian Olympic Association in 2022
- Appointment of Adille Sumariwalla would be the first olympian to head Indian Olympic Association in its 95 years of history.
- Adille Sumariwalla was born in 1 January 1958.
- He is an Indian athlete and entrepreneur, and a popular for representing the 1980 Moscow olympics.
- Adille Sumariwalla was Chair of the World Athletics Strategic Communications Advisory Group and Former CEO of the Multinational Newspaper.
- He also served as the Executive Director of a large Media Group with interests related to Print, Internet, TV, Radio, Movies and Outdoor Advertising Meanwhile.
- He established and formed his own Media Company (founded in 2013) and has successfully run National and his International Media, Communication and Advertising businesses for over 25 years.
Virat Kohli becomes 1st Indian to play 100 Matches in each format
- Batting maestro Virat Kohli has became the first Indian and just the second player overall in international cricket history to paly 100 matches each in all three format of game.
- Kohli has played 100 in T20, 102 in Test, 262 in ODIs.
- Virat Kohli is an Indian International cricketer and Former Captain of India national cricket team.
- He was a right hand bats man, he is the only man to have been awarded player of the tournament twice in the T20 World Cup.
- He has 3rd most centuries (70) in international cricket.
Awards of Virat Kohli
- In 2013 he was awarded Arjuna award.
- In 2017 he was awarded Padma Shri.
- In 2018 he was awarded Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award
- People’s Choice Awards India For Favorite Sportsperson in 2012
- CNN-News18 Indian of the Year in 2017
International Day against Nuclear test on August 29
- Nuclear testing has had tragic consequences for the human and to the environment.
- The International day against nuclear tests is a chance to create awareness to the people, and to stop testing such disastrous weapons.
- International Day against Nuclear test is observed every year on August 29.
- The United Nation (UN) has declared this day on 2 December 2009 at the 64th session of the General Assembly.
Reason why the date August 29
- August 29 is the closure anniversary, in 1991, of the Semipalatinsk nuclear test site in Kazakhstan.
- It shows that efforts to stop nuclear testing can succeed, and bring hope that one day, all nuclear weapons will be eliminated.
The definite purpose and the theme of Anti Nuclear Day are to increase awareness about the “worst effects of the nuclear weapons test explosions or any other nuclear explosions and the need for their cessation to achieve the goal of a nuclear-weapon-free world”.
The Comprehensive Nuclear- Test- Ban Treaty (CTBT) was established in 1996 by the UN General Assembly. This International day against Nuclear Tests is significant as it highlights the urgency of ban on all forms of nuclear weapons test, and pledge to secure peace and security from the threat posed by the nuclear weapons.