Daily Current Affairs 9th September 2022
Human Development Index Report 2021-22 – India ranks 132!!!
- India ranks 132 out of 191 countries and regions in the 2021 Human Development Index (HDI) report of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
- In the 2020 report, India was ranked 131 out of 189 countries and territories. The decline in the country’s performance from earlier levels was due to falling life expectancy.
- Among India’s neighbours, Sri Lanka (73rd), China (79th), Bangladesh (129th) and Bhutan (127th) rank higher than India, while Pakistan (161st), Nepal (143rd) and Myanmar (149th) rank worse. About 90 percent of countries have recorded a decline in their HDI values in 2020 or 2021, the report said.
Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II has passed away at the age of 96!!!
- Britain’s Queen Elizabeth dies of ill health. she is 96 years old.
- Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born on April 21, 1926 in London, England.
- After the death of King George VI in 1952, Elizabeth came to power. Elizabeth is Britain’s second longest-reigning Queen.
- Prince Charles (73) becomes the next king after the demise of the British government and he is known as the 3rd Charles. Charles is the oldest king in the history of Britain.
- Capital of Britain – London
- Prime Minister of Britain – Liz Truss
Airtel to launch 5G service in all cities!!!
- Airtel plans to launch 5G service in all cities of the country. Chief Secretary Mr. Gopal Vittal said.
- Within a month 5G service will be launched in all major cities by December.
- Airtel can know the 5G service in their areas through an app called Thanks.
- 5G telecommunications will operate at 20 to 30 times faster speeds.
- SIM cards currently used by Airtel customers are designed to support 5G technology.
- Founder of Airtel- Sunil Mittal
- Date of Establishment – 7th July 1995
- Headquarters is in New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the renovated Central Vista and ‘Kardavya Path’ and Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose statue today!!!
- Prime Minister Modi said that the Kardavya Path is not just a road of bricks and stones but a living example of India’s past democracy and all time principles.
- Inaugurating the Kardavya Path yesterday, Modi unveiled the 28-feet tall Netaji statue and said that in the development of the Kardavya Path, we can see the future of India.
- He said that the power in the path of duty will give people a new vision and hope for India.
Austrian Volker Turk appointed as UN High Commissioner for Human Rights!!!
- The United Nations General Assembly has approved the appointment of Australian-based senior UN staff Volker Turk as the new UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- Volker Turk succeeds Michel Bachelet as former UN High Commissioner.
- 193 members of UN, the council unanimously approved the appointment on Thursday, with United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres at the UN appointed Austrian Volker Turk as High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- Volker Dürk said, “I feel a deep sense of responsibility and will do my best to advance the promises of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights for everyone, everywhere.”
New Indian Ambassador Appointed to New Zealand!!!
- Neetha Bhushan was appointed as the new Senior Foreign Service Officer for New Zealand on 09-09-2022.
- An Indian Foreign Service officer currently serving as Additional Secretary for Central European Countries in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Mukesh Bardesi, former Indian Ambassador to New Zealand, has been promoted to head the Indian Secretariat for the G-20 Alliance.
World’s First Robot CEO in China – TANG-YU
- Chinese company Metaverse has a robot as its CEO. ‘Mrs. TANG-YU’ – an AI-powered virtual humanoid robot has become the world’s first robot to head an executive position. Tang Yu serves as the rotating CEO of Fujian NetDragon Websoft.
- NetDragon Websoft is a Chinese company that develops and operates multiplayer online games and also mobile applications.
- Serves in TANG-YU’s operational duties in the corporate, institutional and performance department.
Neeraj Chopra makes history in Diamond League!!!
- Diamond League athletics is being held in Zurich, Switzerland. Indian player Neeraj Chopra participated in the javelin throwing competition. Entering the finals of the series, he threw the javelin to a distance of 88.44m and win the Diamond League title.
- 24-year-old Indian superstar Neeraj Chopra is now an Olympic champion, a World Championship silver medalist and a Diamond League champion. He won gold at the Tokyo Olympics on August 7 last year.
- Chopra’s third appearance in the Diamond League Finals. He participated in the tournament in 2017 and 2018 and won seventh and fourth places respectively.
Independence Day of Tajikistan
- Independence Day of Tajikistan was celebrated every year on September 9.
- The Communist Party were rulling Tajikistan, On 9 September 1991 Soviet Union declared Tajikistan Independence.
- This is one of the main events of Tajikistan every year.
- Tajikistan , a country lying in the heart of Central Asia.Tajikistan is bordered by Kyrgyzstan on the north, China on the east, Afghanistan on the south, and Uzbekistan on the west and northwest.
- Capital: Dushanbe
- President: Emomali Rahmon