Daily Current Affairs 8th September 2022
Union Cabinet approves Prime Minister PM SHRI Schools Scheme!!!
- The Union Cabinet on Wednesday (07/09/2022) approved the ‘PM Schools for Rising India’ (PM SHRI) scheme to convert existing government schools into model schools to implement the National Education Policy, 2022.
- Under the PM SHRI scheme, 14,500 schools in states and union territories will be upgraded to reflect the key features of the National Education Policy 2020.
- A centrally funded scheme with a total project estimate of ₹27,360 crore will be implemented for the five-year period 2022-23 to 2026-27 to transform 14,500 schools across the country with the Central Government’s share of ₹18,128 crore.
- The selection of schools will first include a Memorandum of Understanding with State and Union governments which will have to agree to implement NEP in “entirety”.
- PM SHRI schools will have modern infrastructure like laboratories, smart classrooms, libraries, sports equipment, art room etc. Green schools will also be developed that integrate water conservation, waste recycling, electricity infrastructure and natural lifestyle into the curriculum.
DRDO & Indian Army successfully conduct six flight-tests of Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile system off Odisha coast !!!
- The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the Indian Army have successfully completed six flight tests of the Quick Reaction Surface Missile (QRSAM) system from the Integrated Test Range (IDR) at Chandipur on the Odisha coast. The flight tests were conducted as part of the Indian Army’s evaluation tests.
- During these tests, all mission objectives were met to establish PIN POINT ACCURACY of the weapon system with sophisticated guidance and control mechanisms including the WARHEAD CHAIN.
- The performance of the system has been confirmed from data captured by several range instruments such as telemetry, radar and electro-optical tracking systems (EOTS) deployed by ITR. Senior officers of DRDO and Indian Army participated in the missile test.
- Defense Minister Shri Rajnath Singh praised DRDO and Indian Army for the successful flight test. He expressed confidence that the QRSAM weapon system would be a great force multiplier for the armed forces.
- DRDO – Defence Research and Development Organisation
- ITR- Integrated Test Range
- QRSAM – Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile
Ram Shankar Raja Appointed as Chief Advocate of the Supreme Court!!!
- Ram Shankar Raja of Rajapalayam has been appointed as an advocate appearing for the Central Government in the Supreme Court.
- Since 2012, he has been working as a lawyer in the Supreme Court.
- He has served as General Secretary of Delhi Tamil Bar Association and Special Advocate of All India Bar Council, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry State Bar Council.
- Ambedkar Law University Advocate and serving in Supreme Court.
- 49th Chief Justice of Supreme Court Mr. Udai Umesh Lalit.(FROM 27/08/2022)
- The retirement age of Supreme Court judges is fixed at 65
RBI plans to introduce digital currency on trial basis!!!
- RBI to launch its own digital currency in India So digital currency will be in circulation in India.
- Digital currency will be introduced on trial basis this year.
- RBI is in talks with US-based fintech firm FIS to introduce digital currency.
- Before introducing the digital currency, RBI has asked four public sector banks to launch a pilot program for Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).
- Digital currency is considered very useful for cross-border money transactions.
- When Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented this year’s budget, the Reserve Bank announced the launch of a digital currency or Central Bank Digital Currency.
- State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India and Bank of Baroda have been included in the pilot scheme.
- CBDC – CENTRAL BANK OF DIGITAL CURRENCY
- Digital currency works like a mobile wallet
- Shri Shaktikanta Das,- assumed charge as the 25th Governor of Reserve Bank of India with effect from December 12, 2018.
India’s first RRTS corridor using apps based tokenless ticketing system!!!
- With several passenger-centric features, the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) will introduce a first-of-its-kind app-based ticketing system.
- Delhi-Meerut RRTS line will have automatic fare collection (AFC) system and linked tickets with QR codes for riders. The National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) recently announced that it has invited bids in line with the Modi administration’s “Make in India” norms to procure the AFC system.
- Contactless entry and exit system is seamless, convenient, simple and quick with AFC system.
- NCRTC also offers QR code tickets, which can be generated digitally on a website or mobile app. Similar to the token system used by Delhi Metro, passengers can purchase paper QR tickets from ticket machines for a single journey between two stations.
Meritorious Service Medal (Military) Awarded to Admiral Sunil Lanpa (Retd) by Government of Singapore!!!
- The President of Singapore, Madam Halimah Yacob, presented the prestigious Pinkat Jasa Jemilong (Tendera) [Meritorious Service Medal (Army)] to Admiral Sunil Lanpah (Retd), former Naval Commander of the Indian Navy.
- On behalf of the President, Admiral Sunil Lanpah (retd) was presented with the award by Singapore’s Defense Minister Dr Eng Eng Hen at a grand investiture ceremony held at the Singapore Ministry of Defense on 08 Sep 22.
- The award recognizes the strong bilateral defense ties between India and Singapore and the outstanding contribution of Adm Sunil Lanpa to strengthen the engagement between the two navies.
India’s Anupama Upadhyay Becomes New Junior World No.1 in BWF Rankings!!!
- Youngster Anupama Upadhyay became the second Indian shuttler to win the first title in the new BWF Junior Rankings in women’s under-19 singles.
- The 17-year-old from Panchkula, who won junior international titles in Uganda and Poland earlier this year, replaced fellow Indian Tasnim Mir at the top spot on Tuesday.
- She moved up two places to hold pole position with 18.060 points from 18 events and is one of four women in the top 10 in the junior rankings.
- The other three Indian women players in the top 10 are Tasnim Mir (No. 2) and two 14-year-olds — Anvesha Gowda (No. 6) and Unnati Hooda (No. 9).
- Overall, Anupama is the sixth Indian shuttler to top the junior rankings.
- Among men, Aditya Joshi (2014), Cyril Verma (2016) and Lakshya Sen (2017) have held the top spot in the past, while 18-year-old Shankar Muthuswamy Subramanian was the world No. 1 last month.
- BWF – Badminton World Federation
International Literacy Day – September 8,2022!!!
- International Literacy Day is observed on 8th September every year.
- World Education Ministers’ Conference was held in Tehran in 1965. It emphasized that illiteracy is a major obstacle to national development, health and quality of life.
- UN In 1965, UNESCO, a member of the Council, passed a resolution to observe International Literacy Day on September 8 every year.
- International Literacy Day has been celebrated since 1966.
- 1990 is declared as the World Literacy Year.
UNESCO announced the theme of this year’s “International Literacy Day as ‘Transforming Literacy Learning Spaces’”.