Daily Current Affairs 3rd September 2022
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) top among all Ministry and Departments
- The report published by Department of Administration Reforms and Public Grievances in the month of August 2022 Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) ranked top in all Ministry and Departments.
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has top performer in resolution of case received through Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS).
- The Unique Identification Authority of India is also to launch State – of – the – art Open Source new Customer Relationship Management solution soon.
- This new Customer Relationship Management solution have the capability to support multi- activities like Phone call, Email, Web portal, Social Media, Letter which the grievances can be lodged, tracked and resolved effectively.
- UIDAI – Unique Identification Authority of India
- CPGRAMS – Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System.
Justice Chandrachud appointed as the executive chairman of National Legal Service Authority
- President Droupadi Murmu has appointed Justice DYChandrachud as the executive chairman of the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA).
- Following the retirement of chief justice Lalit Justice Chandrachud will be the 50th Chief Justice of India.
- On 13th May 2016 Justice DY Chandrachud was appointed as the Judge of Supreme Court of India.
- He also served as a Chief Justice of the Allahabad high court.
- He was also appointed as India’s Additional Solicitor General, a position he held until his appointment as a Judge.
- NALSA– National Legal Services Authority
- Founded: 9 November 1995
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
India’s first-ever “Night Sky Sanctuary” to be setup in Ladakh
- The Department of Science and Technology and Government of India has Undertaken to set up India’s first – ever “Night Sky Sanctuary” in Ladakh.
- This was informed by Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology; Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh after meeting of national capital.
- The Dark Sky Reserve will be located at Hanle in Ladakh as a part of Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary.
- It will be one of the world’s highest-located sites for optical, infra-red, and gamma-ray telescopes.
60 days special maternity leave for the women employees in case of stillbirth
- The Union Government is providing many benefits like discount, educational loans, travel allowance and so on, but now Union Government have announced that women employees in the Union Government service can take special maternity leave of up to 60 days in case of death during childbirth.
- The Department of Personnel and Training of Union Government said that the female employees of the Union Government can take special maternity leave if the child dies within a few after 28 weeks of pregnancy.
- These order is applicable to government employees appointed to the civil service and post in connection with the affairs of the Union Government of India in term of Rule 2 of the Central Civil Service leave Rule
New Era in Space Exploration Begins; Artemis 1 Mission has launched
- It is the first spaceflight in NASA’s Artemis program and the first flight of the agency’s Space Launch System (SLS) rocket and the complete Orion spacecraft.
- Artemis-1will travel about 1.3 million miles in 42 days.
- Due to the technical issues in the first attempt on August 29 again NASA’s to launch Artemis-1 rocket on September 3.This is a second test attempt to send a man to the moon.
- The rocket is launched from the Kennedy Space Center after fixing a technical glitch.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Founded: 29 July 1958, United States
- Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
Nine layer flint casing well at the 8th Phase of the excavation in Tamil Nadu
- Keezhadi excavation site is a Sangam age settlement that is being excavated by the Archaeological Survey of India and the Tamil Nadu State Department of Archaeology.
- Nine layer flint casing well has exposed at Akaram site in the 8th Phase of the excavation by the Department of Archeology of Tamil Nadu.
- Nine layers have been exposed for the first time in the 8th phase of excavtion.
- It is 80cm in diameter and 20 cm in height.
- Keezhadi : Sivagangai district
- Phases of Keezhadi excavation
- First phase in June 2015 led by Amarnath Ramakrishnan in the area near the Vaigai river in Keezhadi.
- Second phase in 2 January 2016
- Third phase in 30 September 2017 led by Sri Ramanan.
- Fourth phase was conducted in 2017-2018.
- Fifth phase in June 2019 led by R Sivanantham.
- Sixth phase in 19th February 2020.
- Seventh phase in 19 February 2021.
- Eighth phase in 11 February 2022.
India has leaped past the UK and became world’s fifth biggest economy
- According to the report of International Monetary Fund India become the fifth largest economic country in the world.
- According to GDP figures from International Monetary Fund India (IMF), India extended its lead in the first quarter. International Monetary Fund said that India took a lead in the final three months of 2021 to become the fifth-biggest economy.
- The Indian economy is forecast to grow more than 7 % in this year 2022.
- Since 1995, the country’s nominal GDP has jumped more than 700%. India’s rise is even most dramatic across the past 25 years.
- In 2010 India ranks at 9th position, now is a historic that India became world’s fifth biggest economic country.
National Hummingbird Day
- National Hummingbird day was celebrated on the first saturday in September every year, so this year it falls on September 3.
- Hummingbirds are a beautiful creature and smallest birds in the world 7.5–13 cm (3–5 in) in length which mostly found in America.
- Hummingbirds are difficult to survive for millions of years due to their size and structure.
- Hummingbird can live for about three to nine years.
- Hummingbird beats its wings 10-15 times per second.
- The world’s tiniest bird species are honored and celebrated on this day