Daily Current Affairs 13th September 2022
National list of essential medicines was launched
- The Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya, Today has launched the National list of Essential Medicines.
- The government has released 384 medicines in 27 categories.
- Mansukh Mandaviya said that this National list of essential medicines will play an important role in ensuring the accessibility of affordable quality medicines at all level of healthcare.
- He also said that “Several antibiotics, vaccines, anti-cancer drugs and many other important drugs will become more affordable and reduce patients’ out-of-pocket expenditure.”
Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati has passed away
- Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati has passed away at the age 99.
- Swami Swaroopanand was born in Dighori village in Madhya Pradesh’s Siwani district.
- Swami Shankracharya also imprisoned during the Indian Independence movement.
- He also participated in the Quit India Movement which was launched by Mahatma Gandhi.
Union Minister of Science & Technology Dr Jitendra Singh to launch the Portal by tomorrow
- Union Minister of Science & Technology Dr Jitendra Singh to launch the website pgportal.govlin/scdpm22.
- In this same event three reports of Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances [DARPG] is also to be launched.
- The Special Campaign July Progress Report,
- The CPGRAMS 7. 0 Brochure,
- The CPGRAMS Monthly Progress Report for August, 2022
- This Campaign is to be held in Chankayapuri in a Government function attended by Joint Secretary Level Officers of 85 Ministries/Departments of Government of India in the presence of Secretary, DARPG.
A.N.Shamsir elected as Speaker of Kerala Assembly!!!
- Shamseer was the 24th Speaker of the Kerala Assembly. He defeated UDF candidate Anwar Sadat.
- Shamsir was elected as the next to the speaker of Mr. MP Rajesh.
- In the vote held in the Kerala Legislative Assembly, Mr. Shamseer defeated Congress MLA and United Democratic Front (UDF) candidate Anwar Sadat by a margin of 96 to 40 votes.
- Shamsir his party colleague M.P. succeeded Rajesh as Speaker.
- Following the backlash in the Pinarayi Vijayan cabinet, the post fell vacant with MV Govindan replacing him as Local Government Minister.
- Deputy Speaker Siddhyam Gobakumar visited the paper ballot system.
Sanjay Khanna named as new CEO of American Express Banking Crop India
- American Express Banking Crop has appointed Sanjay Khanna as the Chief Executive Officer and Country Manager.
- Khanna heads the country executive team and is responsible for driving growth across the organization’s consumer and commercial businesses.
- His new role is to develop initiatives for the company and smooth collaboration across its diverse businesses India.
- The board said that his appointment will be advancing and strengthening the company’s strategic focus in India.
India becomes power surplus nation with electricity capacity
- India has turned into a power surplus nation with a total installed electricity capacity of over four lakh Mega Watt.
- Today, India is the world’s third largest producer of renewable energy, with 40 percent of its installed electricity capacity coming from non-fossil fuel sources.
- Power Generation from Renewable Energy Sources has increased from 51 thousand 226 Gigawatt hours to one lakh 38 thousand 337 Gigawatt hours in 2020.
- Solar energy-based applications have benefited millions of Indians by meeting their cooking, lighting, and other energy needs in an environment-friendly manner.
The United Nations General Assembly has declared the year 2023 as the International Year of Millets.
- Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare have pre-launched events and initiatives on the MyGov platform as the International year of Millets 2023.
- This is a program to create awareness about ancient and forgotten golden grains.
- The Government of India will soon release the Logo and Slogan to mark the momentous occasion of the International Year of Millets 2023.
- The United Nations General Assembly has declared the year 2023 as the International Year of Millets. So the Indian government has taken the lead to create awareness about Millets.
India will assume the Presidency of the G20 for one year
- India to host the G20 Leaders Summit at the level of Heads of State and Government on 9th and 10th September next year.
- India will assume the Presidency of the G20 for one year from 1st December this year to 30 November next year.
- G20 is an Intergovernmental comprises of 19 countries including Australia, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UK, USA, and the European Union.
IIT Madras joins IBM’s Quantum Network!!!
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai (IIT Madras) has become the first Indian academic institution to join the IBM Quantum Network, aiming to advance capacity building and research in quantum computing in India.
- IIT Madras will have cloud-based connectivity to IBM’s state-of-the-art quantum computing system, IBM’s quantum expertise.
- This will enable us to explore practical applications and realize the wider benefits of this technology to business and society.
- IIT Madras will focus on advancing key approaches in research including quantum machine learning, quantum computing, applied research related to finance.
- IIT Madras has joined the IBM Quantum Network, which has more than 180 members.
- IBM – International Business Machines Corporation
Veterinarian app launched by Veterinary Care and Medical Services Commission!!!
- Hon’ble Minister of Fisheries – Fishermen’s Welfare and Animal Husbandry Mr. Anitha R. Radhakrishnan inaugurated the Veterinarian Program at the Integrated Animal Care and Medical Services Commission, Nandalam, Chennai.
- Animal husbandry sector plays an important role in providing proper health care (treatment and preventive vaccination) to livestock, breeding programs, productivity, fodder and fodder development activities, creating awareness on latest management practices and sustainable livestock production and growth achieved even during epidemics.
- This sector is very much connected with the life line of farmers.
- The contribution of animal husbandry sector has shown a multifold increase in the state GDP in general and agriculture GDP in particular and is almost 45% of the state agriculture GDP.
Health Minister M. Subramanian launched the ‘Manam’ program for college students!!!
- Health Minister M. Subramanian on Monday launched a mental health program ‘Mananala Nalladhatravu Munram’ (MaNaM) to prevent suicide among students and tackle mental health problems in all government medical, dental and paramedical colleges in the state.
- The initiative was launched as part of the World Suicide Prevention Day at Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital, Chennai.
- It aims to create public awareness about mental health, its bio-psycho-social determinants, problems and available services to overcome them.
- A helpline number will be launched to provide immediate psychological support to students.
Discovery of Perumal temple lamp post!!!
- Archaeologists have discovered a 200-year-old Perumal temple lamp post on a small rock at Kusavapatti near Chintamani, Madurai.
- The names of the people who made the lamp post are engraved on it. Also, the Akal lamp is placed to light the lamp by pouring oil on it.
- This pillar has carved the face of Anjaneya in the front and Sangu Chakra on the side, so it is considered to be a Perumal temple.
- Archaeologist Santalingam has read and explained the message of this inscription
Retail inflation in the country rises to 7% in August:
- The Office for National Statistics has published inflation data for the month of August. Accordingly, retail inflation rise to 7% in August.
- An increase in the price of food is the major attribute to the rise in retail inflation. Notably, retail inflation stood at 6.75% in July.
- The inflation rate is set up to 2% to 6% by RBI. But inflation has been above the threshold for eight consecutive months since August.
- Food inflation plays a major role in retail inflation. Food inflation rises to 7.62% in August. Notably, the food inflation stood at 6.75% in July.
- In order to control inflation, the Reserve Bank has increased the repo rate from 4% to 5.40% from last May to August.
In Dindigul Tamil Sangam meeting, “Nellie Medical College’s opening history in my view” and “Dreams and Events” book was published…
- A book publishing ceremony was held at Dindigul Tamil Sangam meeting.
- The book “Nellai Medical College Opening History in My View” and “Dreams and Events” authored by Former professor of medical college P. Sivalingam.
- These books were published in this meeting, by the Principal of Dindigul Government Medical College Mr.Veeramani, and the Former MLA Balabharathi received these books.
Tamil Nadu player Jesvin won the gold medal in the Golden Play series!!!
- One of the rising players in the world of athletics is Josh Aldrin from Tamil Nadu, who has won the National Champion title 6 times in long jump.
- National record holder Jaswin Aldrin of Tamil Nadu won gold in the long jump in the under-20 long jump category at the Golden Fly Series held in Switzerland.
- It is noteworthy that Jeswin Aldrin from Tamilnadu has crossed 8.37 meters as his best long jump.
- The Golden Fly Series was developed by former Austrian national athletics coach Armin Margrater.
Carlos Alcaraz wins 2022 US Open title to become world number one in men’s tennis!!!
- 19-year-old Spaniard Carlos Algarz has won the US Open men’s singles title. It is noteworthy that this is his first Grand Slam title.
- He played against Kasper Ruud of Norway in the final at the Arthur Ashe Arena in New York City, USA.
- Notably, the youngest player to top the ATP Rankings since 1973.
- Since 2020, Nadal, Djokovic, Medvedev and Algaraz have topped the tennis rankings.
- The US Open tournament featured a 128-player singles draw, 64-strong doubles draw and 32-team mixed doubles draw.
- Matches have been taking place from 29 August to 11 September with the singles finals taking place on the second weekend.
National Celiac Disease Awareness Day observed on September 13
- National Celiac Disease Awareness Day is observed every year on September 13 to create awareness about this Celiac Disease.
- Celiac disease was first discovered by Samuel Gee in 1888, he is the first man who created awareness of this Celiac Disease. So to honor Samuel Gee, his birthday is observed as National Celiac Disease Awareness Day.
- This is the most common disease in the age group of six months to two years.
- Celiac disease affects the small intestine and occurs in those who have a genetic predisposition to the condition. The disease is a result as a part of a reaction to gluten, a protein found primarily in grains like barley, wheat, and rye.
International Chocolate Day
- Every year International Chocolate Day is observed on September 13.
- International Chocolate Day was created to learn about, celebrate and enjoy everything that has to do with chocolate!!!
Five Facts of Chocolate:
- It tastes amazing
- Improves blood flow for vascularity
- Stay focused during crunch- time
- High in fiber to improve digestion
- Reduces stress so you can perform under pressure.