Daily Current Affairs 07th September 2022
NITI Aayog Report
- According to a Niti Aayog report Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat have been ranked as the top three states among larger states in terms of the overall implementation of the Centre’s flagship Poshan Abhiyaan.
- Sikkim was the best performer among the small states.
- Punjab and Bihar were the lowest performers among larger states in terms of the overall implementation of Poshan Abhiyaan, as per the government think tank report.
- The report titled ‘Preserving Progress on Nutrition in India: Poshan Abhiyan in Pandemic Times’ said that 12 out of 19 large states had an implementation score of over 70 percent.
- Dadar and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu topped among Union Territories (UTs)
- The NITI Aayog was formed on January 1, 2015.
- NITI stands for “National Institution for Transforming India”.
- Prime Minister of India is the Chairperson of NITI Aayog.
Top 5 Among Larger States:
President Droupadi Murmu to virtually launch Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat campaign on September 9
- Hon’ble President Droupadi Murmu is to launch Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat campaign virtually on September 9 to reinvigorate the mission of TB elimination from the country.
- Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat campaign will be launched in the presence of Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya and Minister of State for Health Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar
- This launch event aims to highlight the need for a societal approach that brings together people from all backgrounds undergoing TB treatment.
- In This event Hon’ble President Droupadi Murmu will also launch to Ni-kshay Mitra initiative portal, Ni-kshay Mitra portal is for the donors to provide various forms of support to those undergoing TB treatment.
Rajpath was known as Kingsway during British Rule
- Kartavya Path includes the entire Avenue and area from the Netaji Statueto the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was set to inaugurate the redeveloped Central Vista Avenue, which has been closed to the public since January 2021, on September 8, 2022,
- According to sources aware of the development, the 2-km stretch that was known as Kingsway before Independence would be renamed by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) as Kartavya (duty) Path.
- There are many buildings including various offices of the central government and parliament here. In particular, the President’s House, India Gate, Rajapathi, Central Government Offices, North Block where the Ministry of Home Affairs is located and South Block where the Ministry of Finance is located are located here.
HDFC Bank introduced new SMS banking facility for its customers!!
- The private sector lender HDFC Bank introduced a new SMS banking facility for its customers.
- The bank claims that now customers can access a wide range of banking services round-the-clock, 24/7 x 365.
- The new SMS banking facility – the customers can now check account balances & summaries, apply for loans, manage credit cards, apply for cheque book requests, generate account statements and more
- Customers no longer need to remember or type lengthy pre-defined keywords to conduct SMS banking which is integrated with Artificial Intelligence technology.
- In order to get started with the new SMS banking facility of HDFC Bank, customers are required to complete the registration process. The new SMS banking is currently available only in the English Language.
Indian-origin Suella Braverman appointed as Home Secretary in new Cabinet of UK
- Liz Truss became the Prime Minister of UK followed by this a new cabinet was created.
- In this new cabinet Suella Braverman is appointed as the Home Secretary by the new Prime Minster Liz Truss.
- Chancellor of the Exchequer is Kwasi Kwarteng, Foreign Secretary as James Cleverly.
- This was the first time in the history of UK that no white man will occupy the top offices of the country.
Indian – origin Arun Subramaniyan appointed as a judge in US!!
- US President Jeo Biden has appointed Indian – origin Arun Subramaniyan as a Judge for the Southern District of New York.
- Arun Subramaniyan is the first South Asian judge to become Judge for the Southern District of New York.
- Subramanian served as a law clerk for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court of the United States from 2006 to 2007.
- He also served as a law clerk for Judge Gerard E. Lynch on the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York from 2005 to 2006.
Thrissur in the list of UNESCO educational institutions!!
- UNESCO is honoring the cities that are providing excellent educational facilities to the people internationally. 77 cities from 44 countries are going to be added to the list and 3 cities from India have been included in the list.
- Kerala’s Thrissur, Nilambur and Telangana’s Warangal have been included in UNESCO’s list of education cities for providing educational services to a diverse population.
- UNESCO said that this initiative will help other cities to be inspired by good cities that provide education services to the people.
- Kyiv, capital of Ukraine, Durban, South Africa and Sharjah, United Arab Emirates will also be added in the list of UNESCO educational institutions.
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- It has 195 member countries and 7 staff members.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
Breakfast program starts on 15th September!!
- Chief Minister Stalin will start the morning snack program from September 15.
- Chief Minister Stalin announced that elementary students studying in government schools from class 1 to class 5 will be provided nutritious breakfast on all working days.
- In the first phase, the scheme has to be launched in 292 gram panchayats in 15 district government schools.
- The Tamil Nadu government has announced that steps will be taken to expand this program in all districts and that Yumbhagwat IAS will be appointed as the Program Coordination Officer of the Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme.
- September 15, the birthday of late former Chief Minister Anna, he will start the morning snack program in Madurai.
US Open Tennis: Casper Ruud is the first Norwegian man to reach semifinal
- Casper Ruud is a Norwegian tennis player, born in 22 December 1998.
- Last night, Casper Ruud beat Matteo Berrettini US Open Tennis semifinal.
- He became the first Norwegian man to reach semifinal in US Open Tennis.
- Casper Ruud is now ranking No. 1 at the US Open Tennis.
National Indigenous Literacy Day
- Every year National Indigenous Literacy Day is observed on September 7.
- Indigenous Literacy Day was hosted by the Indigenous Literacy Foundation,this foundation is an Australian charity.
- This foundation and Indigenous Literacy day aims to create awareness about literacy to Indigenous.
- The feature of this day is to remind the connection to the language, heritage and literacy for Indigenous communities.
- The theme for this year 2022 is “Celebrating stories, cultures and languages”.